Under Different Stars - Amy A. Bartol

4,5 SCI-FI STARS

"You cannot thrive under the wrong stars, Kricket."

OMG this book was so captivating! I couldn't put it down, I was hooked from the first chapter! I am so in love with all the characters, this book has it all. Lots of action, romance, humor,and dystopian! Under Different Stars takes place on both Earth and an alternate planet called Ethar which lends to the sci-fi feeling. I love the world Amy creates, it's so interesting. Her descriptions of the people and places, especially on Ethar, help you picture this world. I really felt like I was there!

description

Kricket is a a 17-year-old girl who doesn't have any family but she has friends, however she knows that she is different from the others. She has violet eyes and she can tell when someone lies or tells the truth. One night while she's on the train on her way home from work she meets three very interesting and handsome men, but she knows that something is off about them, she manages to get away from them only to be attacked by three other guys. These men claim that they have been searching for her, and have a mission which involves returning her to the world she belongs to.

After a catch they manage to take her with them on an epic journey through caves, portals and jungles. The leader of the team is Trey Allairis. He is a military soldier who follows orders. His one and only objective, is to secure his target, and return her safely to her people. Trey soon learns that aside from dangerous creatures and threats from rival beings, there are bigger things he needs to watch out for. He also discovers that he may be getting more than he bargained for when it comes to Kricket Holloway, as he finds that she may just mean more to him than a “mission”...

description

I liked Kricket so much! She was such a great female lead! She was so strong, she was a total badass! I think I have a big crush with her :))) Also she is tough and courageous! She isn't afraid to face her fears. She was honest, fun and absolutely lovable.
And Trey...I loved, loved, loved Trey. My attraction for him happened immediately!

description

Everything surrounding Trey and Kricket developed naturally and beautifully!
This is an amazing read! It was fast-paced, entertaining, with enough sexual tension!!
I cannot wait until the next book comes out!