Beauty Awakened - Gena Showalter

Beauty Awakened by Gena Showalter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

description

His name is Koldo.He is scarred,powerful,his control legendary and he lives only for vengeance against the angel who viciously revoved his wings.But if he yields to the forces of hatred he will be eternally damned.

description

Koldo lost his wings when he was younger, and we finally get a chance to learn how he lost his wings and why.He had a very tough childhood because of his parents and it really broke my heart when I learned about his relationship with his parents.
He just wanted his parents to be proud of him and acknowledge him but he doesn’t get it....
description

He strives to be different from his father and we see him struggle within himself as his story goes on.He cannot fly but he can teleport which is a rare ability.
We also get to see him interact with the other soldiers in Zacharel’s army which is awesome...Axel was awesome I hope the next book is about him!!

description

Then we meet Nicola...Nicola has a twin sister named Laila who is in the hospital when you first read the book.We learn that Laila has a demon inside of her and demons cannot be inside of you unless you welcome them. There are also two demons around Nicola which isn’t good.
I really liked Nicola but there were also times when I wanted to hit her because she was forcing her sister to do something she obviously doesn’t want to but that’s pretty much the only thing I didn’t like about her..

description

I think what I liked best about the story is how effortless the romance is between Nicola and Koldo.I can see how and why they fall for each other.Koldo just wants to be loved and Nicola is the balm to his tattered soul. It hit my romance happy buttons all over.

description

Unfortunately the book failed big time in the sexual arena.Usually Showalter's books really deliver with the sexy times.Here I reread their first sexual encounter three times and I'm still not sure what the hell happened. Then when they finally do seal the deal again, the language is vague and totally unsatisfying.

The story was overall great but the whole “Sent One” vs. Angels was kind of confusing because I thought they were all angels..
I was also confused with what Thane’s POV in some chapters had to do with anything.He always sounded crazy and angry at the world and it was different from Koldo’s POV.