Ten Tiny Breaths  - K.A. Tucker

"Just breathe," my mom would say.
"Ten tiny breaths...Seize them.
Feel them.Love them."

description

Ten Tiny Breaths follows Kasey’s journey as she goes through the stages of her life,healing from trauma,finding forgiveness,falling in love when she thought it was beyond her and rediscovering the beauty of life.

Stage One-Comfortably Numb
Stage Six-Withdrawal
Stage Seven-Breakdown
Stage Eight-Recovery
Stage Nine-Forgiveness

After a tragic drunk driving accident that took the lives of her parents,best friend and boyfriend Kacey became an Ice Queen.
Before Kacey was a sweet girl..
She's a mess.She sunk into the world of sex,drugs and alcohol as her coping mechanism.

description

She doesn't cry.She doesn’t open up about anything,she can’t stand the feel of hands because they remind her of death.She doesn’t let people in.Kickboxing is her way of forgetting the pain caused by her past.

description

Starting her new life in Miami with her younger sister,Kacey has managed to secure an apartment in a little complex and intends to have nothing to do with those around her.All she wants to do is support herself and her sister and figure out her life along the way.
She will meet new friends and the guy who will change her life...

descriptiondescription

Trent is Kacey & Livie’s neighbor.Immediately Kacey is drawn to Trent. She can’t stop thinking about him and surprises herself by actually wanting to know more about a person.Kacey’s attraction to Trent is unnerving but she isn’t able to and doesn’t really want to fight it.
Trent is so hot and adorable!!He is sweet and care about Kacey!!

Because of Trent, Kacey finally allows people back into her heart...

"I want to make you smile.For real.Always.We're going to go for dinners,and see movies,and walk on the beach.We'll go hang-gliding,or bungee jumping,or whatever you want to do.Whatever makes you laugh and smile more.His fingers toy with my botom lip,"Let me make you smile."

description

Trent has his own secrets.Secrets which can tear them apart....

description

But in the end of the book I was so proud of Kacey and Trent for finding the ability to forgive and cope with their pasts.They found a way to not let it rule who they would be forever and I admire that. It was a beautiful story and the epilogue was perfect!

description

For more reviews you can check mine and Kristinas's blog. :D

my link text