Never Seduce a Scot - Maya Banks

What a wonderful story!!I absolutely loved this book!!!My first and definetely favorite historical book!!!!

description

The story starts with a century of long feud between the Armstrong and Montgomery clans.
The king, having the support of both of these very strong clans fears that his backing will be weakened severely if these 2 clans kill each other off.
Really, it's just a matter of time before they war with each other.
In a last ditch effort to save this from happening the King decides to issue an edict that the only daughter of the Armstrong clan must marry the Laird of the Montgomery clan.
By uniting the clans in marriage he hopes it will keep them from hurting one another...

description

This is met with much anger and hurt on both sides, but what other choice do they have? If they go against the King it will be seen as an act of treason and their clans would be destroyed....
For Graeme, not only would that mean tying himself to his fiercest enemy's clan by marriage but it's also known throughout Scotland that the chief's daughter is daft,addled,touched.
So it would also mean he couldn't expect a proper wife and therefore his dream of heirs to pass the Montgomery name to is also shattered...
It's a crushing blow....

Graeme

Eveline

description

I loved the characters in this book!!
Graeme is fair,loyal,caring,protective and open.
Eveline is strong,tenacious,sweet,feisty and loving.
I found it refreshing to have a heroine that was not "perfect."
Their relationship between Graeme and Eveline was incredibility sweet and romantic and I loved the way he stood up for her while she is struggling to gain acceptance into his clan.
And while most of the book did revolve around their relationship them getting to know one another and falling in love and they have good chemistry.
Their bond is tested as they face challenges,igotry and danger.Their fierce protection of each other is amazing during dire circumstances!!!

Favorite part

"I appreciate that you seek to protect her Rorie but do not assume that I cannot also give her protection from those who wish her ill.'Tis my duty as her husband and one I do not take lightly.Now sit.The both of you"
"My lady,I don't simply care for her.I love her.She is my entire life.Without her,I am nothing.I have nothing".